Monday 21 March 2016

Memorandum Monday

I'm 
Joining in with Sian's meme to share my weekend.

So on Friday I went to my first Rugby League match to watch our local team Warrington Wolves v. Castleford Tigers.  The atmosphere was great and it was made even more enjoyable by the fact we smashed it winning 56-12!



Wolfie was very entertaining.  He kept copying the player who was attempting the conversion kick  including all the little idiosyncrasies of the preparation!



We took Alex and her friend who have been a few times before and Josh for his first time.  He wasn't very impressed though!


And I also learnt this weekend that lightening can strike twice as Tony is back in the land of the unemployed.  Having only been in the role 5 months he doesn't get a redundancy package so it's back to job searching again.  At least I'll get a few jobs done around the house while he's off!




8 comments:

Sian said...

Aw, I'm really sorry to hear about the job. Fingers crossed something comes up very soon.

I've never been to a League match, though I'm told by those in the know here that it's totally different to the Union we usually watch. It sounds fun.

Wishing you good news on the job front if not this week, at least very soon

Mrsjobee said...

Sorry to hear about the job loss - we have this hanging over hubbys head at the moment as he works in the oil and gas industry. Rugby League is great - much faster game than rugby union - and they have mascots :) Leeds Rhinos supporters in this house.

Sandra said...

I'm sorry to hear of his job loss, in keeping my fingers crossed that he soon finds a job that is right for him xxx

Susanne said...

I have never even so much as watched rugby on television, must make a point to do that one day. And hope that the 5 month blip was just a warm-up for the next really great opportunity. In the meantime, keep the faith!

Becky said...

Oh dear I am sorry to hear about the job losses. Hope that something turns up soon. I've never been to a rugby. Match although I have watched it on tv- looks cold lol!!

My not so simple life said...

Hugs again love, hope things pick up soon.

Beverly said...

My hubby started a new job this morning, I hope it is now time before yours finds a good fit that is long lasting. I'm an American and live in the South so can't even say I have been close enough to where a rugby match of any sort was going on to be able to see one.

Beverly said...

My hubby started a new job this morning, I hope it is now time before yours finds a good fit that is long lasting. I'm an American and live in the South so can't even say I have been close enough to where a rugby match of any sort was going on to be able to see one.

Post a Comment