Sunday 2 August 2015

Summertime Photo Scavanger Hunt 2015 - The Conwy edition

I'm linking up with Rinda today to share some of my finds from the hunt this year.  If you've not come across it before it's a list of items to take photos of in the summer.  Sounds easy doesn't it? Well I've still to find the ornate door knocker and the overloaded car or lorry!

But what I did find was a few things in Conwy on a weekend away.  The same weekend we go on every year with a ton of families; some camp, some have their own holiday home there and we stay in a B&B!  Conwy didn't disappoint again this year and here is what I found...

6. A metal bridge

This one is owned by the National Trust and has a lot of history.  Built by Thomas Telford in 1826 it was one of the first suspension bridges in the world and originally held a road.  It was very photogenic as bridges go so I took a few!




12. A public restroom, bathroom or toilet

Again I went for the historic version.  The ladies is in the square building on the left but the gents get to relieve themselves in the posh tower.  What you can't see is that they have a beautiful view of Conwy estuary (see next find!)

20. A natural body of water - the estuary of the River Conwy 


15. A flag pole with at least three flags on it.  Later in the day we had a late lunch at the marina around the corner.  As we walked towards the pub I spotted the flag pole with several flags flying.  I remember someone else spotted a very similar flag pole at another marina during this hunt so I did some research and found out they are called gaffs!


They were 9 families/couples away for this weekend, all with various extra children and dogs!  While the lads and dads headed off to watch Conwy Town v Bolton Wanderers us ladies (and small girls!) chilled on the beach and entertained the aforementioned dogs before walking them round to the marina.  So here is my last Conway find...

3. A person walking a dog or other animal.  Well, 9 people to be precise and 6 dogs!


Still lots to find on the list but I'm hoping to cross a lot off when I take a break from work later this month and I know of two occasions coming up where I can get numbers 10 and 17.  Wish me luck!

SCAVENGER HUNT LIST

1. A bouquet of flowers
2. An ornate door knocker
3. A person walking a dog (or other animal)
4. People playing a board game or card game
5. Architectural columns
6. A metal bridge
7. A turtle
8. Someone "plugged in" to social media 
9. A tent

10. A college or university
11. A cellular tower or television satellite dish
12. A public restroom, bathroom, or toilet
13. A merry-go-round or carousel
14. A traffic signal
15. A flag pole with at least three flags on it
16. A panoramic view, taken while standing someplace high in the air
17. At least two people wearing matching outfits or uniforms
18. An overloaded truck, car, bicycle or other vehicle
19. A ticket booth
20. A natural body of water21. A photograph of you with a sign reading "2015 Summertime Photography Scavenger 



8 comments:

Sian said...

It looks like such a happy trip. I love how you checked out what those flag things are called. Now I know what I'm STILL looking for!

Sandra said...

Goodness haven't you done well x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I was super impressed with the photos you have taken, and I like that you explain where you were when you took them. Lovely photos, and of course, the flags made me smile.

KraftyKaren said...

You are doing well - I must get on and blog my couple of finds so far

Lady Ella said...

Lovely bridge pics! Beautiful light.

Nathalie said...

I'll never find public toilets that cool here! Good luck finding the rest of your list! I am stuck on the turtle at the moment :P

Maria Ontiveros said...

What a great post. Congratulations on finding the flags. And I really like your dog walkers. And that is quite a photogenic bridge - the third shot is my favorite
Glad Conwy didn't disappoint.

Hootin Anni said...

This is super!! But why do the men get such a special place? We women should unite and demand a special tower for our 'facilities'. lol

I joined in this time around and posted my finds. If you'd care to stop by for a visit, I'd love your company!!

Post a Comment