Monday 3 August 2015

Me on a Monday


It's been a chilled weekend but Monday finds me at my desk realising I have a ton of FCA checks to complete before I finish on the 19th!  Oh the joys of the finance world.  So putting that to one side here is how my weekend looked.

It was a "we've still got no kids to worry about" kind of Friday evening so we headed up to the pub to share a bottle of wine and some (not so tasty) food.  It's fair to say the pub food has gone downhill!

It was a try a new crop  out kind of Saturday.  I was up early, three page kits packed and positive I'd not forgotten anything (it's been nearly two years since I've been to one!) and I hadn't!  I managed 1 and 1/2 layouts and one set of pocket pages for December last year.  It was a lovely day adn I will definitely be going back :)


It was a pick the prodigal son up from scout camp kind of Saturday evening. He was tired, smelt of camp fire and had a bag of dirty washing but it was soooo good to have him home :)  He had an early night.  We watched more House of Cards!

It was a lazy Sunday kind of day (if you discount the food shop in Asda, lol!) however I made a list, planned the meals and bought some diet shakes.  It's the start of a strict regime this week to get rid of some pounds.  The rest of Sunday consisted of watching some TV whilst sewing on badges to Alex's camp blanket, finishing the other 1/2 of the aforementioned page, sorting out some items to post, reading blogs and enjoying cuddles with my boy.  Tony meanwhile prepped and glossed the spare bedroom :)


It was also a five loads of washing day (including the sleeping bag AND the small rucksack) and smiling as I found this t-shirt in the pile.  He has been on every camp whilst at Scouts and I love that he gets a week away from screens and phones and gets to swim, canoe and play with bows and arrows. He's moving up to Explorers in September so I hope he sticks with it.


It was also (again) a weekend of staking Facebook for posts from India.  They have had a busy week working at the orphanage school - sanding desks and plumbing toilets as well as playing with the kids - and have headed off to Jaipur for a weekend away.  This has included a visit to a Bollywood film, shopping in the market and an elephant ride up to the Amber Fort.  I can't wait to see pictures.

Hope this Monday find you well and happy.  If you would like to join in with this brilliant meme of Sian's then head over to her blog From high in the Sky.



7 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

Busy times for you. What fun to get away to a scrap day and well done you not to forget anything. Hope you have a great week ahead.

Sandra said...

I'm so glad you had fun at the new crop, its always a little daunting going into somewhere new.

Sounds like you had a fabulous weekend x

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

Sounds like a lovely weekend. Good luck with the new regime.

Sian said...

Well, hurray for all that washing done and badges sewn on..no small feat! Doesn't that campfire smell get everywhere if you don't get on top of it quickly lol

A new crop sounds lovely. I wish I could find one round here.

Have a great week!

KraftyKaren said...

Looks like you had a very lovely weekend, have a great week x

Sheena said...

Sounds like a full weekend.
Glad you enjoyed the crop, I'm never very productive at ours as I chat too much :)
I have 2 explorers out in Japan at the mo & I'm dreading the sweaty washing that will come home!!

Lou said...

it sounds like yours are having a ball! I hope you share some of the India trip photos. Hope you didn't have sore fingers after sewing on all those badges :) x

Post a Comment