Tuesday 2 June 2015

Me on a Monday

Better late than never! Monday's are just so manic with work all day then straight to my Brownies  for fun, games or as in last night learning your name in sign language for their Disability Awareness Badge!

So this weekend started off with a manicure treat and pink sparkly nails...


Then it was an out with the girls to celebrate three birthdays at the local Chinese kind of Friday evening (and getting in at 1am! - I didn't know our local pub stayed open that late!)

It was up early (not sure how I managed that!) for a prom dress fitting kind of Saturday morning 


Followed by a trip to Manchester for another rabies jab and then back for a game of scrabble kind of Saturday evening... This was essentially spelling revision but more fun for Alex who has her GCSE English today. And yes I know there's a word there which shouldn't have been allowed due to the capital letter but we were playing relaxed rules!


It was another cold and wet weekend so it was a taxi service kind of Sunday morning dropping Josh and his friend off at Comicon in Manchester. It was "I'm not sure where the day has gone" kind of Sunday as I did more Brownie Holiday planning, tidied up and paid the bills. It was then time to go and pick Josh back up.

It was a "let's bake a lemon drizzle cake" kind of Sunday evening with a new recipe to my usual from Mary Berry. I may just be converted. Half the tray bake for us and half for my friends family who passed away last year as they face a difficult week ahead. It's a small gesture. 


And finally it was a watching the BGT final on Sunday evening kind of end to the weekend. Who was your favourite? I loved the dog but was sad the Welsh choir didn't win. 

How was your weekend? If you'd like to share yours or read about others then pop over to Sian's blog at From high in the Sky for more 




5 comments:

Sian said...

..I'm sure it's a gesture which will be much appreciated.

We love the Prom dress! Sounds like it was an exciting part of a good weekend.

Have a great week!

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

The lemon drizzle looks luscious. Which recipe did you use? I've recently switched to Mary Berry's!

Maria Ontiveros said...

Busy! That prom dress looks amazing.
Rinda

Lou said...

Lovely nails and the colour of the prom dress is fab. Lemon drizzle is my favourite to make x

alexa said...

Such fabulous nails and prom dress :). Though the rabies jab sounds rather less enticing. Glad there was delicious cake for all who needed it.

Post a Comment