Tuesday 27 August 2013

2013 summertime Photography Scavenger Hunt - The Carfest Edition

The Saturday before we came away we had a fabulous day out at Carfest North. Carfest is the brain child of Chris Evans and raises money for Children In Need through a car festival with music!  I bought the tickets months before, the day they went on sale - just as well as they sold out that weekend.  I'm also a bit of a petrol head on the quiet so I was looking forward to all the Aston Martins, old F1 cars and Ferraris :). It was also an excellent opportunity to grab some photos for the Scavenger Hunt. 

This was the Black Hawk helicopter doing some incredible manoeuvers;



Whereas this is my plane for the hunt - 4 An airplane.  A Vulcan Bomber t be precise.  Incredibly loud when flying low over your head and quite intimidating, especially when it's bomb doors opened.


So the day was full of hill sprints by lots of cars, air displays (see above lol!) and lots of other stalls and activities.  The cars came out in groups of 7 but were preceeded by Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (well, a replica, anyway) owned by Chris Evans.  Here he is driving her round the track....


Continuing on the celebrity theme this was one of Chris' ferraris driven by Paul Hollywood of The Great British Bake Off...You'll have to take my word he's behind the wheel unless you can zoom in!


Back to the hunt.  I've already posted about 9. A photo with someone or something that is clearly out of place or doesn't belong but thought this shed on wheels also fitted the bill!!!


These lampshades hung from a tree caught my eye in the family section where you could make pom poms or dress up...


One of my darling daughter modelling a fetching pair of sunglasses!!!  Her other pair are lime green...


This one on the portaloos caught my eye for 7.   A sign that is intentionally or unintentionally funny.  

Back to our day and this is the prodigal son trying out the Army for a career move...

The evening was rounded off by a great concert...Rockaoke (basically karaoke with a band.  Oh and about 20,000 people watching you!!!), Noasis (an Oasis tribute band), Deacon Blue and The Feeling.  We headed down the front for the last band and the kids were singing along with the best of them.  They absolutely nailed Video Killed the Radio Star - even better than the orginal!  I can't seem to paste it here but search it on You Tube, I highly recommend it :)


So that brings me to my final find. 5.   A sunset Not just any sunset though, a festival sunset with fairy lights and tents :)


So that was our fantastic day at Car Fest - what great things have you been up to this Summer?  If you want to see more fabulous finds then head over to Rind's blog at Gallo Organico.


5 comments:

Sandra said...

That looks like such a fun day, oh my hubby would love the air display. Well done on doing so well with getting through your photo list

Maria Ontiveros said...

These are great - the sign is so funny and the sunset is gorgeous.
Rinda

Jo.C said...

What a brilliant day, I know how loud that plane can be. It set car alarms off when it went over us at the Grand Prix a couple of years ago. Love the shed!
I just booked up for the feeling last night when I realised they were on at the Sage, Gateshead and another 3 bands - :0)

My not so simple life said...

Beautiful photos :) Looks like you had a great time

Jess said...

Looks like you had a good time, I'd like to go one day xx

Post a Comment