Sunday 7 July 2013

Sketchy Scrappers June sketch - A special visitor

We had this sketch to play with last month from Jess...


At first I was a bit stuck as I had two photos and a kit to use up bit not enough paper left to cut the large circle.  So I adapted the sketch and used the circle as inspiration for three areas of embellishment.




The journaling is going opposite this page on a 6x12 but basically it was "a special visitor"as it was the first time I'd seen my brother in 18 years after a family fall out meant we lost touch.  The wonders of Facebook put me in touch with my niece and then my brother :)

I have used Prima - Blooming Retro from an old Sarah's Cards kit.

TFL

PS According to BlogLovin' I have a 135 post to read as I've not been near it for a week or so!  Hopefully I will get to stop by your blog soon!!  Thank you for your patience :)




6 comments:

Carin McDonough said...

Fantastic layout Julia and great use of the 3 embellishment areas instead of the circle. How wonderful to see your brother again after so long :)

Maria Ontiveros said...

Great color combination.
Rinda

Lisa said...

Great pics and glad you have contact with your brother again too. Great layout too, Julia :D

Lisa
xx

ps. I must get around to using all my Sarah's Cards kits lol
xx

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

How lovely to see your brother again. How are you finding Bloglovin'? I don't think it's for me!

Lou said...

How fantastic that you found your brother after such a long time. Great page too x

Alison said...

I know I commented on your layout on UKS, but I love your interpretation - I haven't done a 12 x 12 for quite a while, but I would have really struggled with the sketch. Very special subject, too! x

Post a Comment