Tuesday 28 August 2012

Kit withdrawal...

I was getting kit withdrawal, having not had one for over a year, the other day and also feeling very low with a chest infection.  These two things combined made me reach for the credit card when I was blog hopping to cheer myself up!  I ended up subscribing to a new kit Gossamer Blue for 6 months and whilst I was away my first one arrived.

It is a new challenge for me as the kit is various manufacturers' papers which I don't normally feel comfortable with but they have been selected so well they all go together beautifully.  This is August's kit which was full of muted greens, turquoise, yellow and pink - a bit of everything really :)

You have papers...


And the reverse...


Plus some lovely embellishmnets and Lily Bee Letters (which I love!)...


 And then I made this for the weekly challenge on UKS last week...

All I added to the kit was some Jenni Bowlin star stickers, the title letters, some striped washy tape, some gems and pearls from my stash plus a bit of twill.


The challenge was to use ribbon, stitching, tearing and to scrap something from the last month - thanks Nikki for setting it, I really enjoyed doing a challenge again.  The ribbon I used as a very short piece as a sub title "a boy is a joy".  I realised as I got to the end of the layout I had not included tearing (unless you count the washi tape which I think not!)  so I am only claiming 25 point for the team.  Those following Glitter Girl may  notice I have based it on this layout here.

I have still to add journalling as I am still very emotional about Josh's last day of school and so I will think about what to write over the next week.  These photos were the last ones we took before we walked out of the school for the very last time and he is sporting his newly signed school shirt :)

Sneak peaks are all ready up on the blog of the September kit which is looking very blue and fresh but for now I need to make some more creations with the current kit.







7 comments:

Helen said...

looks a great kit and i love the layout you have done...I can only imagine what you are going through with Josh starting secondary. I have 2 more years of Daniel at primary and I cant imagine him going on to secondary...it will come round all too quickly.

KraftyKaren said...

Really lovely layout - looks a great kit. Actually the layout reminded me of the March layout for 6x4Love - a format that I have used an awful lot since doing it. Looking forward to seeing what else you do with the kit - I'm still on a mission to make a big dent in my remaining Sarah's Cards kits - I may be sometime LOL!!!

Lori Gentile said...

Julia, first, having a white shirt signed by the class is brilliant! Second, I love your layout! I love how you've clustered the circles and the stars and gems are the perfect addition. I hope you will consider uploading it to the flickr gallery and taking the album challenge. Thank you for taking a chance on GB.

Niki Rowland said...

Great layout, I love all the bits and pieces and particularly those flags! Sounds like a great kit. Thanks so much for joining in with my challenge, Niki xx

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

Lovely LO Julia :o) You're so good at adding clusters of bits of pieces. They always look so right.
Fi xx

Lou said...

the Gossamer kit looks delicious! i know exactly how you are feeling about ds school...we have a signed shirt too x

MiniOwner said...

What a super page!
Sue x

Post a Comment